All active members of the Club are required to complete a minimum of 18 Club Hours, 9 hours between 28 September and 31 December, and 9 hours between 1 January and 27 April 2020. Club Hours can be made up of Patrol and Member Service Hours.
Must make up at least 9 of the required 18 Club Hours and is comprised of all patrol hours completed patrolling on the beach.
- Can be completed at beaches other than North Cottesloe
- Individuals will need to make sure the other surf life saving club records their hours.
- Includes the following types of patrols;
- Normal Patrols
- Early Morning Patrols
- NCSLSC, SLSWA and SLSA carnivals
- IRB/Jet Ski Patrols
- Age Group Managers for Nippers
Member Services Hours
A balance of 9 hours may be comprised of the following;
- Club Board positions
- Accredited volunteer Club Coaching/Officiating
- Qualified volunteer club training officers and assessors
- Club members contributing in a significant volunteer club activity other than competition
- Members undertaking lifesaving duties in other areas such as offshore rescue boat, aerial services, support services, operational support and similar areas of active surf lifesaving
- Members, who in the view of the Club Board have undertaken ongoing service to the club which they believe is of benefit to their own club's delivery of lifesaving service
- Performing required cleaning and/or maintenance on any Club equipment or any of the assets of the Club, including the premises of the Club (as recognised by the Chair of Lifesaving or Club Captain);
- Performing and/or providing surf lifesaving education for the Club or community (as recognised by the Chair of Lifesaving);
- Providing assistance to any of the Club Officers (as recognised by the relevant Club Officer).
To be eligible to compete at a SLSWA or SLSA carnival, each individual must have completed 16 Club Hours in the previous calendar year. E.g. to compete in the 2022 State Championships, each individual entrant must have completed 16 Club Hours between Jan 1 and Dec 31 2021.
Competition hours can be comprised of the above Patrol and Member Service Hours.
It is up to the individual to ensure they have completed the minimum amount of Club Hours to compete.