North Cottesloe SLSC in conjunction with Surf Lifesaving WA is proud to offer the following course:
Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
Formerly known as: Applied First Aid and Senior First Aid
The Provide First Aid course aims to develop the knowledge and skills for a person to manage emergency First Aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support.
A Senior First Aid course certificate from Surf Life Saving WA provides quality training in First Aid and will certify the participant to perform life support skills. The Senior First Aid course aligns to the National Guideline Standards for First Aid and meets the Level 2 Workplace First Aid standard as determined by WorkSafe (Western Australia).
- Apply the principles of First Aid
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Treatment of infection, shock, fractures, bleeding and burns
- Emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that may need emergency care, including heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning including venomous bites and stings
Course Duration & Location
- 1 Day (9 hours) of face to face delivery.
- Online learning component to be completed.
- Held at the beautiful North Cottesloe SLSC clubrooms at 151 Marine Parade Cottesloe.
- Tea and Coffee will be provided.
Pre-requisite: HLTAID competency standards require course participants to complete 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
On successfully completing the Senior First Aid Course training, participants will obtain a nationally recognised SLSWA Senior First Aid Course Certificate and Statement of Attainment that includes the following units of competence:
HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
Validity: Senior First Aid course Certificate is valid for 3 years. It is recommendation from the Australian resuscitation council that the CPR component be updated every 12 months.
Register for courses below;
June 22 – CLICK HERE
July 28 – CLICK HERE
August 17 – CLICK HERE
September 14 – CLICK HERE