FREE First Aid Course
North Cottesloe SLSC in conjunction with Surf Lifesaving WA is proud to offer the following course:
Provide First Aid (HLTAID003)
RTO CODE: 51104
formerly known as: Applied First Aid and Senior First Aid
The Provide First Aid course aims to develop the knowledge and skills for a person to manage emergency First Aid situations and deliver competent emergency care until the arrival of professional medical support.
Successful completion of the course by candidates will see them receive a first aid certificate that is valid for three years. This Provide First Aid course is nationally recognised and WorkCover approved.
- Legal Issues
- Infection Control
- Using the DRSABCD action plan
- The principles of first aid and its applications
- Recognition and management of emergency situations
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation
- Treatment of shock, infection, fractures, burns, and bleeding
- Managing emergencies due to lack of oxygen, excess of heat or cold
- Recognition and management of medical conditions that potentially require emergency care such as heart attack, stroke, asthma, diabetes, and epilepsy.
- Management of common medical emergencies
- Treatment of poisoning, including care for venomous bites or stings.
Course Duration & Location
- 1 Day (9 hours) of face to face delivery.
- Online learning component to be completed.
- Held at the beautiful North Cottesloe SLSC clubrooms at 151 Marine Parade Cottesloe.
- Tea and Coffee will be provided.
This course will assess competency via demonstration, presentation, and application of all course content. Application has a focus on using skills and knowledge of the course in the workplace. Assessment activities may include role-plays, oral and written questioning, practical demonstration and performance in simulated scenarios.
Please note that it is a requirement of this first aid course that a demonstration of CPR must be performed on the floor.
ACCREDITATION AND VALIDITY
Candidates who successfully complete the course will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the following course: HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid.
This statement is valid for three years. The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends updating the CPR component of this course every 12 months. A separate course focused on CPR is available.
Register for courses below;
August 17 – CLICK HERE