The North Cottesloe SLSC Education has schedule Bronze Medallion and Surf Rescue Certificate courses for the 2018/19 season.
The Bronze Medallion course provides participants with the skills and knowledge of patrolling and surf awareness in order to participate in lifesaving operations. This is the core award to be a surf lifesaver in Australia.
- For members aged 15 and above
- Courses available either as Intensive 6 day course OR 6 week courses, 3-4 sessions per week
- Course cost is $300
- For pre-requisite information and terms and conditions click HERE to download.
13th August to 22nd September
- No longer available
16th October to 24th November
24th January to 28th March
- 1st October to 6th October
- 10th December to 15th December
- 2nd January to 7th January
- 14th January to 19th January
Surf Rescue Certificate
The Surf Rescue Certificate provides participants with the skills and knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to participate in lifesaving operations.
- For members aged 13 – 14
- Intensive 5 day courses
- Course Cost is $200
- Terms and conditions apply
- Learning outcomes:
- Surf Awareness
- Rescue Techniques
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- First Aid
- Radio Operations
- Standard patrol practice
- Candidates must be able to swim 200m in under 5 minutes prior to the beginning of the course.
- 24th September to 28th September
- 17th December to 21st December
- 8th January to 12th January
Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
Silver Medallion Beach Management
IRB Driver Course
IRB Crew Course