The North Cottesloe SLSC Education has schedule Bronze Medallion and Surf Rescue Certificate courses for the 2018/19 season.
The Bronze Medallion course provides participants with the skills and knowledge of patrolling and surf awareness in order to participate in lifesaving operations. This is the core award to be a surf lifesaver in Australia.
- For members aged 15 and above
- Courses available either as Intensive 6 day course OR 6 week courses, 3-4 sessions per week
- Course cost is $300
- For pre-requisite information and terms and conditions click HERE to download.
13th August to 22nd September
- No longer available
16th October to 24th November
- No longer available
24th January to 28th March
- 1st October to 6th October
- 10th December to 15th December (Full – contact the office on 9284 2626 to be added to the waitlist)
- 2nd January to 7th January
- 14th January to 19th January
Surf Rescue Certificate
The Surf Rescue Certificate provides participants with the skills and knowledge of basic patrolling and surf awareness in order to participate in lifesaving operations.
- For members aged 13 – 14
- Intensive 5 day courses
- Course Cost is $200
- Terms and conditions apply
- Learning outcomes:
- Surf Awareness
- Rescue Techniques
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- First Aid
- Radio Operations
- Standard patrol practice
- Candidates must be able to swim 200m in under 5 minutes prior to the beginning of the course.
- 24th September to 28th September
- No longer availale
- 17th December to 21st December
- 8th January to 12th January
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR BRONZE AND SURF RESCUE CERTIFICATE COURSES
Terms and Conditions
Please be advised of the following terms and conditions:
- Cancellation of the course of more than 15 days prior will be fully refundable
- Cancellation of the course between 2 and 14 days of the first session will be charged at 50% of the course fee
- No-shows will be charged the full course fee, no refunds will be given
You may transfer to an alternative course should there be vacancies. The first transfer is provided free of charge however for second and subsequent transfers and administration fee of $50 will apply.