NCSLSC CENTENARY 2018/19
North Cottesloe Surf Life Saving Club is celebrating 100 years of service in the 2018/19 season. There are many ways you can get involved including:
Centenary Season Launch & Community Celebration – Saturday 13 October 2018
We kick off the centenary celebrations with a bang! We hope to welcome thousands of people to North Cott Beach for a fantastic day of family friendly activities including:
10.00am – Welcome to Country & Official Opening Ceremony on the main stage on the grassed area. MC Simon Beaumont will introduce guest speakers including Julie Bishop (Federal Member for Curtin), Phil Angers (Town of Cottesloe Mayor), Graham Ford (SLSA President) and more!
10.40am – A spectacular sail past of Surf Life Saving rescue craft featuring the Westpac Helicopter travelling from Cottesloe to North Cottesloe Beach
10.50am – Be part of our history when we take an aerial photo of people on the beach spelling out Happy 100.
11.15am – Entertainment and free activities kick off!
- Take a look at Jenny Rossen’s amazing sand sculpture on top of the ski shed and then take part in the Sand Castle building competition on the beach with great prizes on offer (registrations essential)
- Surf sports and lifesaving demonstrations, kids entertainment including music, face painting, giant bubbles, kite making, silent disco and more
- Check out Jacob “Shakey” Butler’s amazing surf life saving mural on the ski shed wall
- Buskers and performers around the club, food trucks and a special menu on offer from the Blue Duck, bar open, WA Police Pipe Band and March Past display, the Smugglers live on the main stage…what more could you want?!
- Mingle with friends old and new in the clubrooms for the afternoon and evening
We want as many people as possible to be part of the Centenary Season Launch and Community Celebration coming up on Saturday 13 October. We would love your help in getting this information out to your family, friends and work or school mates so we get a great crowd down at the club. This event is not just about celebrating our 100 year milestone but also about opening our club up to the community for a great day of entertainment and activities as follows:
To be part of the sail past, aerial photo or to enter a team in the sand castle building competition please CLICK HERE
We are also looking for some volunteers to help with our Sand Sculpture project on top of the ski shed. If you can help please CLICK HERE
Surf Sports Event – 9 December 2018
• The club will host a SLSWA surf sports carnival at North Cott Beach to showcase the action, skill and excitement of surf sports.
Celebration of Women in Surf – Saturday 9 February 2019
• An opportunity to celebrate the important role that women have played at North Cotttesloe SLSC and the surf life saving movement.
Gala Dinner – Saturday 4 May 2019
• The grand closing event of the Centenary Season to celebrate our club’s rich and wonderful 100 year history.
• Launch of the 100 Year History Book.
• A range of centenary merchandise is being coordinated and will be for sale to members throughout the centenary season.
• Items include – polo shirt, rugby jumper, cap, long sleeve tee shirt and a Club Blazer.
Click on the links below to read the centenary newsletters:
Sign up below to receive the centenary newsletter.
For any further information please contact:
North Cottesloe SLSC Centenary Committee Chair
0434 432 825 or email email@example.com.